Making the transition from school to adult life is challenging. There are transitional education based programs available through all school districts giving your child extra support and time to grow and mature with the goal of setting them up for future success as an adult. Your autistic child with an IEP or 504 plan does not need to graduate at age 18, and may stay in school until age 21. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of these extended school support programs for your transition aged youth. This is also the time to consider if guardianship or conservatorship of your child is appropriate.

Educational Support

Medical/Psychological/Therapeutic Support

Community/Family Support

Guardianship / Conservatorship

  • MN Courts
  • Minnesota Association for Guardianship and Conservatorship (MAGIC)
  • Spence Legal Services
  • Search This Site

    Make a Donation

    Sign Up for Autism Allies Updates

    • HTML
    • Text